In this issue:
- Get Ready for Sirens
- Instruction Emails
- Contacting Us During Sirens
- In Case You Missed It …
GET READY FOR SIRENS
Sirens is only days away, and if you’re attending the Studio, you’re possibly already en route! Before you arrive in Beaver Creek, you might want to check off a few housekeeping items to ensure you have a great conference!
Take a look at our conference schedule and programming summaries
First time? Check out our 11 Tips and Tricks for new attendees
Are you prepared for the altitude in Beaver Creek? Our survival guide has got you covered
Select your book for Books and Breakfast
Consider volunteering for a programming shift or two (see below)
Follow us at @sirens_con and the event hashtag #Sirens18 programming reminders, announcements, behind-the-scenes photos, sneak peek at auction items, last-minute changes, and more!
We’re still looking to fill our volunteer shifts for this year’s programming. We have 5 spots remaining, and could use your help! Please check out our Volunteer page for more information, and thank you!
This past week, we sent out detailed instruction emails for the Sirens Shuttle, the Sirens Studio, the Sirens Supper, and registration check-in. Presenters should have also received an email with information and tips. If you emailed us about dietary concerns and haven’t received a response, and for any other missing emails, please contact us at (help at sirensconference.org).
CONTACTING US DURING SIRENS
Many staff members have already arrived in Colorado and are in the thick of Sirens preparations. While we’re unpacking materials and setting up for the conference, we won’t be able to monitor our emails as closely as we normally would. If you have an urgent question prior to arriving on-site, please email (help at sirensconference.org) and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.
Once the conference starts, the easiest way to reach us is in person! If you have any questions or simply want to chat, our information desk in Grouse Mountain Room will be open starting at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 25.
Starting tomorrow, October 23, we’ll be tweeting up a storm at our @sirens_con handle as Sirens will begin in earnest! We’ll be sharing programming schedule reminders, snippets from each session, and other goings-on at the conference. If you prefer not to receive these notifications, you can mute us and check back on Monday, October 29.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT …
- New Fantasy Books: October 2018
- Read Along with Faye: Books I Read for the 2018 Reading Challenge
- Sirens Guide to Surviving the Altitude
- First Time at Sirens? 11 Things to Know
Guest of Honor Interviews:
- Kameron Hurley
- Violet Kupersmith
- Anna-Marie McLemore
- Leigh Bardugo was unable to participate
Books and Breakfast Spotlights:
Where Are They Now: Past Sirens Guests of Honor:
- 2009: Kristin Cashore, Tamora Pierce, Sherwood Smith
- 2010: Holly Black, Marie Brennan, Terri Windling
- 2011: Justine Larbalestier, Nnedi Okorafor, Laini Taylor
- 2012: Nalo Hopkinson, Malinda Lo
- 2013: Guadalupe Garcia McCall, Alaya Dawn Johnson, Ellen Kushner, Robin LaFevers
- 2014: Kendare Blake, Rosemary Clement, Andrea Hairston
- 2015: Rae Carson, Kate Elliott, Yoon Ha Lee
- 2016: Renée Ahdieh, Laurie J. Marks, Kiini Ibura Salaam
- 2017: Zoraida Córdova, N. K. Jemisin, Victoria Schwab
Questions? Concerns? Please email general queries to (help at sirensconference.org) and questions about programming to (programming at sirensconference.org).
Connect with the Sirens community
Sign up for the Sirens newsletter